Jun 16, 2010

Our own halal fast food restaurant

Assalamualaikum dear readers and friends.

I know many of us are in the mood of boycotting the products from Israel and companies that were said to be in relation with that country such as KFC and McD. 

As I want to support our brothers and sisters in Palestine, also the Muslim all over the world, I have been trying my best to avoid eating and using products that I believed (with certain evidence) are helping Israel in oppressing Muslims. For 2 years I have been successful except for 2 or 3 times of buying KFC's products. 

However the issue regarding KFC in Malaysia is a bit blurry because I heard that the company was bought by a local conglomerate and now all the assets were own by Johor Corporation if I'm not mistaken. If anyone knows the real story, please tell me.

The menus at Radix Fried Chicken

Actually we should have known that there is a local Muslim brand that is making it's way in the fast food chain business. I think back in the 90s when I was in the university in Penang, the company was very new and one of my coursemate had his industrial training at that company. He said that it is mainly about herbs.

Maybe you already know about this brand - HPA shorten from Herba Penawal Alwahida but someone choose to call it "Hanya Pada Allah" or "All is for Allah". 

The latest addition to this booming Muslim owned business is RADIX (I think it's a sub-company and it is use as a brand name too). There are RADIX CHICKEN HOUSE (RCH) (you can read  about RCH here http://keluargakusayang.blogspot.com/2010/04/radix-chicken-house-di-kota-bharu.html) in Kota Bharu the State Capital and soon-to-be-opened, RADIX FRIED (RFC) CHICKEN in the Satellite Town of Kubang Kerian.

Radix Fried Chicken that will be opened soon in Kubang Kerian, Kelantan.

Yesterday, after doing my business at one of the banks in Kubang Kerian, I saw this terracotta coloured building. Mashaallah... RFC is in KK. And not far from there is the 24 hours KFC. Go! RFC Go! I have tried some of the menus before and I like the taste of herbs in the chicken meat. And Radix Cola is good too.

Anyway, let's just help HPA by opting to eat at their Radix restaurant rather than others. IF YOU WANT to eat FAST FOOD that is. This company is owned 100% by local Muslim.

4 comments:

sayyidah nafisah said...

Salam alikom K.Chik.
Boleh lah saya try nnti bila sem bru bukak July nanti..X sabar :)

Unknown said...

Wa'alaikummussalam Saiyyidah Nafisah. Insyaallah boleh je... lagipun depan USM. Dekat sangat tu.

Hajar Alwi said...

Assalamualaikum Kak Chik,

Isn't there something called Coffee Radix? I wonder whether they're under the same management. Anyway, do you have any idea whether there are RFC's in KL? Would love to try it out! *even though I'm allergic to chicken!*

Unknown said...

Wa'alaikummussalam Hajar.

Yes, there is Coffee Radix. Remember the adverts on tv, "MAI SECAWAN"? And yes, they're under the same label company. coffee radix is one of HPA's product under Radix's label. It's a coffee drink which is made not from coffee but habbatus sauda'. Nope, so far I haven't heard of any RFC in KL but I heard that it has a branch in Shah Alam. Their chicken is organic, maybe you won't be allergic to them.

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails