Oct 31, 2009

Why I like wedges

Wedges - What to Wear with Wedge Heeled Shoes
By Desiree Stimpert, About.com

Ranging from casual to elegant, wedges come in all styles and heights.

While wedge heels are an extremely fashionable and versatile choice in women's footwear, they won't look great on everyone, or with every outfit -- and like any shoe style, they have their pros and cons.

What Exactly is a Wedge Heel?

On most shoes, the "heel" sits under only the heel of the foot, but a wedge heel runs under the foot, from the back of the shoe to the middle or front.

As you've probably guessed, it has a wedge shape, but not all wedges are high heels. In fact, wedge heels range from low to high, it's the shape and the length of the heel that classify it as a wedge.

Advantages of Wedge Heels:

* These shoes add height, but are easier to walk in than stilettos.
* Wedges have a very cosmopolitan look to them - they're worldly and sophisticated.
* A wedge heel looks great with nearly any length skirt or dress.
* Wedge heels, by nature, are a fashionable choice - by just choosing to wear them, you up your fashion quotient.
* Wedges will add definition and shape to heavy ankles, making them appear thinner.

Cons of Wedges:

* Wedge heels are still heels, with all their pitfalls. Don't be fooled into thinking you can run a marathon in them.
* Wedges can look a little clunky, especially when paired with very tight-fitting clothing.
* This style tends to seem a bit on the casual side. While there are dressier styles of wedges, finding a truly elegant one can be a bit difficult.
* A thick wedge heel will make really skinny ankles appear even thinner.

Hot with:

* Abaya
* Flowing skirts
* Bohemian styles
* Thin, gauzy fabrics
* Wrap dresses
* Wide or flared jeans or pants
* Gauchos

Not with:

* Pencil skirts
* Capris
* Pants with narrow or straight legs

Does anyone here love wedges?

I wear wedges almost everyday to work and everywhere else.

This (left pic) is my favourite wedges from Bata. Just RM59.99 but it's very comfortable and very kind to my feet.

I think the heel is 3" high. Not that high isn't it?

I prefer wedges because it gives me more height for my petite nature and makes me feel more confident when I'm walking.

What about you?

4 comments:

Elham said...

It goes without saying that I'm nut over wedges...and you know it too well!! Am contemplating/salivating over another pair sighted at KBTC recently....

My life my story said...

I love these kinds of shoes!

Unknown said...

Kak An, of course I know you. Is it another crocs?

Unknown said...

Cecilia - this kind of shoes is better than high heels. Do you have any?

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails