From my observation starting from 9 am until now at the public library.
1. Skinny jeans or skinny pants.
2. Tight and short shirts or t-shirts either short or long sleeves.
3. High heels, funky flats and funky wedges.
4. Cardigan on a hot day.
5. Instant hijab or tudung bawal which is flipped over the shoulders making it falls above the breasts.
6. Baju kurung but wears no other layer under the skirt. It's see-through.
7. Big handbags with funky colourful designs.
8. Expensive mobile phones.
9. Lots of them are following the Korean pop culture styles.
10. Boys are trying to look macho, spotting a mohican look-a-like hairdos.
I think that's all that I can summarize for now. Luckily, they are here to study, well at least most of them are. A few are trying to take the opportunity to meet their girl friends or boy friends but were prevented from doing so inside the library. Sorry, it's not allowed.
I'm still thinking of the best way to approach them and share with them the concept of wearing modest clothing for Muslims. I've tried distributing some pamphlets about aurat but not that influencing. I think the best approach would be a personal talk. However it's too impossible to do it when we don't have enough man power.
So, for now, I'll make du'a for them. May Allah open up their hearts to
the accept the nasihah and make changes to their attires. May Allah show them that wearing a proper aurah-covering clothes is the best action to do as a Muslim. May Allah show them the beauty of following the true teachings of Islam.
They are my younger sisters and brothers in Islam and I wish they can see the greatness of following the sunnah in their way of life.